The following five statements serve as a summary of the biblical responsibilities of the local church. They capture how God has called us to function as a church and as individuals and how we can specifically bring glory to God.
We exist to glorify God by:
Vision Statement #1
SGCC desires to be a church family that pursues passionate, personal, and corporate prayer and worship. To view the following sermons click on the "Sermons" link in the main drop-down menu above.
- To Be a Church Family Who Prays (James 5:6-16 Delivered October 18, 2015)
- Prayer (James 5:13-18 Delivered July 16, 2006)
- Worship (Psalm 29 Delivered July 9, 2006)
Vision Statement #2
SGCC desires to be a Church family that is growing in the knowledge of God through a commitment to the integrity and exposition of the Scriptures. (Proverbs 30:5-6; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 2:15)
- The Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16 Delivered October 25, 2015)
- Scripture, the Breath of God (2 Timothy Delivered July 23, 2006)
- The Power of the Word of God for Life (Various Scriptures Delivered July 30, 2006)
Vision Statement #3
SGCC desires to be a church family that equips and trains its people for involvement in effective Christian ministry.
- Equipping and Training (1 Peter 4:10-11 Delivered August 6, 2006)
- Equipping and Training (Ephesians 4:7-18 Delivered August 13, 2006)
Vision Statement #4
SGCC desires to be a church family that pursues Biblical love and unity.
- Love and Unity (John 17 Delivered August 20, 2006)
Vision Statement #5
SGCC desires to be a church family that is committed to personal, community, and international evangelism and discipleship.
- Discipleship and Evangelism (2 Timothy 2:2 Delivered August 27, 2006)
- The Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20 Delivered September 3, 2006)