Children’s Ministries exists to:
- Assist parents in their biblical role of raising their children in a manner that honors the Lord (Deut. 6:6-9)
- Teach the word of God (Ps. 119:15)
- Present everyone mature in Christ (Col. 1:28)
- Equip children to live as salt and light (Matt. 5:13-14)
- Encourage children to do all for the glory of God (1 Cor. 10:31)
The majority of our curriculum comes from Children Desiring God Ministries. Distinctives of this curriculum are:
- God-Centered – God is the main character in all of life
- Bible-Based – the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, authoritative Word of God
- Doctrinally-Sound – teaches children all the essential doctrines of the Christian faith
- Depth – gives students big truths expressed and explained in easily and age-appropriate terms and illustrations
- Incremental – presents the whole counsel of God, precept upon precept
- Application – the lessons engage the mind, yet aim for a right heart response to the truth
Nursery (0-2 years) and Early Childhood (3-5 years)
On Sunday mornings we offer nursery care for babies – 2 years old. This is offered both during our Worship Service, 9-10:45 AM, and for the Sunday School hour, 10:45 – 11:45 AM. Our trained and screened volunteers lovingly care for little ones in a clean and safe nursery. There is also a cry room in the Sanctuary for nursing mothers and mothers with infants.
Children 3-5 years old enjoy our Early Childhood room, adjacent to the Nursery. The room is colorful, safe and clean, with a wide variety of toys and activities for the children to enjoy. Our trained and screened volunteers are committed to providing a safe and loving environment for all our children.
During the Worship Service, 9-10:45 AM we sing, pray, listen to Bible stories and teach foundational truths about God and Jesus. The time also includes inside and outside play, crafts and snacks.
During the Sunday School hour, 10:45 – 11:45 AM, the children have a Bible lesson from our 2-year curriculum, He Has Established a Testimony (Old Testament stories), and He Has Spoken By His Son (New Testament stories). These lessons, chronologically taught, are intended to acquaint children with a big picture of God and to build a foundation of Bible doctrine for them.
During the Worship Service, 9-10:45 AM, Kindergarten – 4th grade students begin with their families and are then dismissed after the singing time to Children’s Church, usually at 9:30. In Children’s Church they will hear an age-appropriate Bible lesson, participate in lesson-enhancing activities, and enjoy free play and snacks. We believe that 5th and 6th grade students are able to comprehend much of what is being taught in the Worship Service. We value family worship and so we encourage parents to help their children follow along and learn to participate in this aspect of worship.
For Sunday School,10:45 – 11:45, we offer classes for all ages. All of our curriculum is God-centered, Bible saturated, and taught by trained and loving teachers who are committed to discipling and training children to grow in their knowledge and love for the Lord.